Are you affected by wrong tax charges? Then you could be due a refund!!

Tax is an unavoidable part of life, so it makes sense to get the best tax advice possible. We recommend that our clients pay as much tax as they are legally obliged to pay, and no more.

The tax legislation contains many allowances and reliefs that will help you to minimise your tax liabilities. We believe you should use it to your advantage and we can advise you on this.

HMRC staff are not able to advise you on how to organise your affairs to minimise the amount of tax you pay. If you are looking to make savings and do not want to make a detailed study of tax legislation, you should seek professional advice. For business clients our fees are tax deductible.

Our core tax advice services consist of:

  • Capital Gains Tax
  • Corporation Tax
  • Property Tax

Capital Gains Tax Advice

Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is payable to the Inland Revenue when an individual, trust or company sells or transfers or gifts property (tangible or intangible) to another entity.

There are exemptions and reliefs available to individuals and companies. There is also an annual allowance, enabling individuals to make small gains on disposals each year, which may result in no tax being paid at all. The Inland Revenue has to be informed of your disposal or you could be liable to penalties.

The rate of CGT depends on your circumstances. Alvin Lawrence & Co can calculate your tax liability for you which can be complicated and detailed to determine how much CGT is payable on disposal of a particular asset. We will advise you on the most tax efficient way to plan your disposals.

Corporation Tax Advice

All companies will have to pay corporation tax which refers to a tax levied on the profits made by companies or associations. Allowances are given for capital expenditure when working out the tax liability. Profits which have been reinvested may not be taxed.

At Alvin Lawrence & Co, our aim is to provide you with a tax efficient advice service that will enable your business meet its obligations to the Inland Revenue and save you money by ensuring that all allowances are claimed and that you are kept up to date with changes in legislation.

Property Tax Advice

There is no capital gains tax due when you sell your main home as long as it has been used as your private residence for the entire period of ownership.

Any other property that you buy will be subject to capital gains tax when you sell, assuming that you make a profit on sale. This will be so whether you rent out the second property or keep it for your own use. We can advice you on ways to reduce the tax due.

We can advice Landlords on allowable expenses and provide you with advice regarding all tax aspects of buying, selling and letting property.