Hassel free specialist accountant from £60 per month. Free consultation.

No Software, No Spreadsheet, No hassle. Just email or post your paperwork and relax.

Whether you are new to contracting or you have been contracting for years, you need an experienced accountant who knows the Contracting industry and is very current with the ever changing legislations.

Our simple, easy to use Contractor Accountancy Service makes running a company feel effortless!.

We do this by:

  • Providing a completely hassle-free service
  • Advising you how to retain the maximum amount of your income and reducing your tax bill
  • Allocating an experienced chartered accountant, who specialises in working with contractors
  • Allowing you to focus completely on your work, whilst we focus on your accounts
  • Giving you unlimited advice, whenever you need it

Our Package for Contractors and Freelancers

We offer a fixed fee package for our accounting service. Our package is very comprehensive and you know exactly how much you will pay.

Whether you are new to contracting or you have been contracting for years, you need an experienced accountant who knows the Contracting industry and is very current with the ever changing legislations.

For a fixed monthly fee we offer:

  • VAT and PAYE Registration
  • Business Bank account with HSBC OR Cater Allen Private Bank
  • Monthly bookkeeping and payroll service
  • PAYE Year End submissions (P35, P11D)
  • Calculation, completion and submission of Corporation Tax Returns
  • Year-end accounts
  • Self-Assessment Tax Return
  • Completion of VAT returns
  • Completion of Annual Return
  • Quarterly management Accounts
  • Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
  • Unlimited telephone calls, emails and professional advice
  • Free bookkeeping software
  • Provision of financial and personal references
  • Unlimited IR35 contract reviews by IR35 experts
  • Registered Office facility
  • Company Secretary Service

New to Contracting

Making the transition from a permanent employee to a contractor has numerous benefits; Flexibility, higher pay-rates and regularly changing work environments. Essentially, you will be your own boss and you will have different options of receiving income from your contract work.

The two most common payment methods for contractors in the UK are:

PAYE Umbrella Company

When you join an umbrella company, you become an employee their company. The umbrella company is responsible for invoicing your client/agency for your contract work and paying you your salary. They are responsible for all for deducting and paying all of your tax and NI. As a contractor, you will be able to claim certain tax-free business expenses, which will reduce your taxable income. This is not the most tax-efficient method for contractors and is particularly unsuitable for high-earning contractors.

Limited Company

Contracting through your own limited company, is the most tax efficient method of receiving income from your contract work.

  • As the director and shareholder of your limited company, your income will be a combination of a small salary and dividends.
  • You will be able to claim a wide range of business expenses, which will be offset against your company income.
  • The remainder of the income, after your salary, expenses and corporation tax has been deducted, is available for you to withdraw as a dividend.
  • You will also be able to register for the Flat Rate VAT scheme, which will enable you to keep a percentage of the VAT you charge on invoices to your client.

Switching Accountant

  • Are you unhappy with the service you’re receiving from your current accountant?
  • Are you being over-charged?
  • Are you not getting the support you need?

If the answer to any of the question above is YES, we can help you. You’ll find switching to us surprisingly painless.

If you are already contracting then you will have an idea of all the options available to you. Transferring to Alvin Lawrence & Co from your current accountant is very easy. If you do not currently have an accountant we can also provide you with a service.

We will need you to send us the following documents:

  • Copy of your latest Annual Accounts if you have one
  • Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation
  • Copy of the Memorandum and Articles of association

We will send you a form to complete and send back to us. You will also need to provide us with the NAME, ADDRESS and CONTACT NUMBER of your current accountant, on the registration form and we will contact them officially to request handover documents.

Refer A Friend

We highly value referrals and recommendations here at Alvin Lawrence & Co.

Refer a friend, colleague, associate or anyone who you think will benefit from our services to us and we will pay you £100 when they register for our services. All they need to do is to put your name and contact number on our application form.

Get referring and earn yourself some extra money!